D.E.L.T.A. Rescue also has a special program for donors who wish to either
1) leave their home to us in their will or trust and who wish to enter into a life estate agreement with us;
2) or who are concerned about the continued care of their beloved pets after their passing.
It’s called our “Companion Trust Program” and is designed as a way to continue to care for your pets for as long as they live after you die.
Many people contact us hoping that we will take their pets and move them to our Super Shelter at the time of their passing.
While we understand your concern relative to the continued care of your beloved animals—we have found that moving your pets is traumatic. They are already grieving from the loss of their friend/their family and then they are taken from the home that they love and moved to an environment that is very different from where they have lived their lives.
Our Companion Trust Program was created to address your concerns about the long term care of your beloved pets.
Please understand however that the continued care of your pet is a very expensive undertaking for our organization. That is why we ask that if you wish to participate in the Companion Trust Program, that you make arrangements as part of your planning to either: set aside a fixed sum of money to offset our long term care costs, or with the tax savings that come from your gift, obtain a life insurance policy that will offset the cost of caring for your pet through their lifetime in your home. Our Planned Giving Expert can offer you a care cost estimate, based on the ages and number of pets you have in your home and discuss other options with you.
- When you make a gift of stocks or other securities to D.E.L.T.A. Rescue you are eligible to take an income tax deduction of up to 30% of your adjusted gross income. Any excess can be carried over for up to 5 years. Additionally when you donate your appreciated security you will avoid the capital gains taxes you would have paid if you had sold the security outright.
For example, Mr. and Mrs. Jones purchased $2500 worth of ABC Stock in 1988. The value of that stock today is $12,500. Mr. and Mrs. Jones had been long time supporters of D.E.L.T.A. Rescue and wanted to make a lasting gift to the organization while they were alive. They gifted their stock to D.E.L.T.A. Rescue and realized a tax savings. They were able top take a $12,500 deduction on their federal income taxes, saving between $1,500 to $3,800 in taxes (depending on their tax bracket). They also avoided a capital gains tax of $750.
Make A Recurring Monthly Donation:
Your life-saving gift will help . . .
- Rescue cats and dogs who are abandoned, or born, in the wilderness.
- Love and care for them daily at our “no-kill” sanctuary.
- We are a certified 501c3 organization. Tax ID #: 95-3759277
Make A One Time Donation:
Don’t like to donate online? Call us at 1-661-269-4010
To donate by mail, send check to: D.E.L.T.A. Rescue, P.O. Box 9, Glendale, CA 91209